Hi Claire

I wasn't being exactly sober in my frothings... how dare you take them
seriously!

>Your point about physical presence - I think having a designated poet living
>in the community whose work it is to promote, mostly by doing, this
>particular art, shows evidence of being beneficial - is there an anarchistic
>thrust in giving up a 'straight' social work job for this one?

We call those schemes Artists in the Community here - but the offence for
me is the Official Poet thing, which erects an ersatz status in the place
of actual engagement with real art (which may in some intangible way be
useful, but no time or space or brain to say how) in the name of Culture
(which on the whole isn't).  But that's a can of worms and might get me
started on actual complaining, and that's well what it is.

The fool in the court - I've often felt like that.  Not a comfortable
berth.

Best