Yes, I *really do* know how to spell that word, mycology, though I'm really
a mycophagist, only, and a dilettantish one at that who only eats
non-agarics.

I don't know, "David Bircumshaw," but I'd say (insofar as you are speaking
of an unjustifiable rudeness in poetry, whatever that could be) that there
would be different ways of dealign with the issue. You might, for example,
say to the offended party, requesting their confidence, that it was I,
"David Bircumshaw," who offended you, and I'm sorry. Or you might be more
honest yet, and allow the author who committed the rudeness to beg
forgiveness in her own name, as it was, after all, she who said the bad
thing. But I would imagine there would be other ways of dealing with the
problem, and all of them might be perfectly ethical. It's a case by case
situation, isn't it?

Why are the English so famously adverse to fungi?

Kent

------------

Still tentative here, Kent, and not necessarilly on focus, as I've just been
out for a pint following England's victory over Greece in Athens, with a
brilliant winning thirty-yarder goal by Becks, even tho' he has a silly
voice, but I'm still mullingly pondering this matter of identity.
Say, for example, if 'David Bircumshaw' misbehaves in some way, say for the
sake of argument he's rude to someone, without justification. Well then I,
as the allegedly responsible adult, have to take some kind of ownership of
that issue, not without reluctance, for sure, nor necessarily perfectly, but
I have to to try to 'be there', to sort out the mess that twit's got me into
this time.

I don't mean this as a condemnation of other cultures, I'm just talking from
where I am now and here. And, also, surely dismissing the self can translate
so horribly easily into unconcern for others, like in old people's homes, or
viscious violent trenchlines of the past?

Impressed by the mycology.