Daniel Janes said for second time,

>However, if you have deleted the file then I am afraid that you need to
>reinstall it, as Windows needs it to function properly.

So is this file (I deleted it) essential to the proper functioning of
Windows or not? Daniel says yes (and I've seen other references to its
importance), while numerous people are saying it more or less rates as an
appendix in importance. Could someone please clarify this?

David, you said the icon looked something like a swastika; I saw it as a
stylized Republican elephant, something which made me feel it could only be
a real virus...

kent