It seems I'm walking in mysterious footfalls of Anthony Lawrence. First I
discovered his connection with Milmeray, Gidgegannup WA (where I retreated
for some writing) and yesterday I won his book 'In the Half Light' in a
competition run by our local community newspaper. The day before I checked
out his book on the shelves of a local book store and gulped at the price,
however, it appears to be my lucky week, and can't wait to read it - first
release and all.

Scanning the pages, so far, it is a novel that definitely contains poetic
language. The story is intriguing and with those two ingredients, I'm sure
it will win prizes. A fresh Michael Ondaatje voice.

If you are in here, Anthony, Beryl and Geoff Mortlock send their best wishes
to you.
Cheers
Helen Hagemann
http://www.geocities.com/helen_hagemann