  I find that the point you are making here is quite interesting. And useful
and requires some reflection; the mind body thing and the verse prose thing
andthe wave particle thing; perhaps its best to see them as all being merely
various ways of seeing the figure and ground, the tweedledee and tweedledum,
the shem and shaun, the cain and able, the greek and jew the body and soul,
the female and male the ying and yang and so on: its not a matter for
contradiction but one of levels and placement and relation; I see no
necessary exclusion of one to the other; its  a leaves of grass thing; parts
of the parsing literary machine; plateaus, the connections of various parts
and verses and adveses and reverses, the works of the word in regree
digress; a detour of jazz; of improvization; etc.

---
>From: Joseph Duemer <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Prose poem
>Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:14:42 +1200
>
>The prose / verse distinction is rather like the mind / body
>distinction--looked at from one perspective, the differences are
>irreconcilable; looked at from another perspective, the differences
>don't exist. Both perspectives--& positions between them--are useful,
>functional, depending on the context of the discussion or the problem
>being addressed. Is light a wave or a particle . . .
>
>jd
>________________________
>Joseph Duemer
>School of Liberal Arts-5750
>Clarkson University
>(On leave 2000 - 2001)
>Doan Thi Hanh Guesthouse
>172 Pho Ngoc Ha So cu 4
>Ba Dinh - Hanoi, Viet Nam

Beauty has no other origin than the singular wound, different in every case,
hidden or visible, which each man bears within himself, which he preserves,
and into which he withdraws when he wants to leave the world for a temporary
but authentic solitude....[A]rt seems to me determined to discover this
secret wound in each being and even in each thing....Jean Genet
My wound existed before me, I was born to embody it.
Joe Bousquet