venus:
you're not a real man, but a cleo centrefold
lifeless picture, cold and senseless art
a statue, stone and steel and cold
thing like a man, but born without a heart
for real men kiss women that are hot
but you, you hesitate, a real man you are not.              36
narrator:
having said these things. she takes some time to think
she wonders why her schemes have turned out wrong
her swelling passion causing her, so low, to sink
to acquire the one and only thing for which she longs
she cries and weeps and feels a heap depressed
she burns with rage, but still she is obsessed.               37

at times she shakes her head in disbelief
she stares hard at him, then hard at the ground
she tries to hold him, he clenches hard his teeth
she does so want to hold him in her arms,
but he will not be bound
he seeming keen to split the scene
she thinking him so cruel and mean.                            38

venus:look, you love cars, and to be tough you race them
welllll, can't you just think of me as a grand prix track
and round my circuit drive your cars to pace them
you can drive fast, don't be afraid you'll stack
rev your engine to your heart's delight
burn that rubber with all your might.                          39

speed up my straights as fast as you can go
slide into my corners, curves just made for taking
pit stops will not your grungy racer slow
all acceleration and very little braking
i'll be a racing track for you, on which to drag
the prize is yours, you'll get the chequered flag.           40

narrator:
adonis smiles to himself, as if to think
and in each cheek appears a gorgeous dimple.
he thinking, thinks how low this chick will sink
not knowing having her could be so simple.
but she is turned on by that face
that looks upon her with disgrace.                                41

she thinks the dimples in his smirk so cute
she flips out bad, much badder than before
if she were not so much in love, but more astute
she'd see the thought that caused those dimples
 thinks her whore.
poor venus of marrickville there is no gratitude
the boy, is a boy, and driven by attitude.             42

narrator:
time is running out for our sweet venus
she's done her dash, she's got no more to say.
she knows she cannot hold her dear adonis
he wriggles free and turns to walk away.
and as he walks he chuckles cheekily
and from his pocket pulls his car's spare key.                43

but this does not displease the girl at all.
for in this act our venus sees new hope
she wonders why adonis has for so long, stalled
when in his pocket had the key to his escape.
his actions so far seeming to deceive
when all the time he had the means to leave.                44

and now he turns the key and revs the beast
the full-blown engine roars with all its might
the horsepower he is ready to unleash
he grips the wheel and holds onto it tight.
he revs it hard, as hard as he can
and in his mind the boy becomes a man.                       45