From: ALI ALIZADEH [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, 27 February 2001 4:29 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Aussie Post Poets

Fantastic idea! But Wilfred Owen wasn't Australian, was he? any chance of
ern
malley? maybe you can make the selection easier by deciding on eras or
particular
achievements or geography. Or even deciding on 'representatives' from
various sub-
cultures of our poetry - don't ask me what that means; I have no idea. I
dunno, but
post is such a public dominion; I'd suggest the widest possible selection
INCLUDING
poets of non-anglo background PLEASE. Thanks to Howard and Ruddock and
Hanson
Australia is already seen internationally as a white-power heaven; Malaysia
wants us
banned from an anti-racism forum. And I don't entirely blame them. Let's do
something about it. some ideas - and none of these names are
'multi-cultural-
novelities' but, in fact, amongst our most successful and important poets:
Dimitri
Tsaloumas, Roderta Sykes, Archie Weller, Ouyang Yu, Pei-O, Komninos, Natasha
Cho,
Mudrooroo, Ania Walwicz, Lionel Fogarty, etc (more will come to me soon).
Oodgeroo
of the tribe Noonuccal, etc.

Ali