A great epic should take forever in its creation and
telling...maybe...and a one-page epic could be possible (one page can
be eternity - one line of poem that inhabits every moment in time)?
I did a paper "Poetry and Star Trek" some years ago, where I pointed
out the parallels in subject and composition between the various Star
Trek permutations and the Iliad and Odyssey...
Also that our great poetry may not be poems at all and where that
leaves poems...

Steve KK