my first book(the komninos manifesto, fat possum press) was 8 A4
sheets, double-sided, folded and stapled down the middle, with a
slightly thicker cover.
cost me a dollar to make, sold it at bookstores for three dollars,
the bookshop owner took a dollar, i took a dollar and everyone was
happy.
i had them at readings bookshop in melbourne and gleebooks in sydney,
and anyone who wanted them i told them where they could get it.
i sold them at poetry performances, pubs, coffee lounges etc..
sold a thousand in a year, paid for my beer.

my second and third books followed the same pattern, till a 'real'
publisher decided to publish me.

poetry, persistence and passion - an epic tale.

komninos
ps the spellcheck of the new email(eudora) just told me i spelt my
name wrong - where's that spellcheck off button.