Do you know what the word "tree" means? I suppose we all do. When we
ask "what does the word "tree" mean?" it is not that we are unclear about
its meaning but we want to understand the properties of how such a sound
can mean anything? We want to investigate its logical properties, as a
symbol, not for what is supposed to stand for. Now obviously we must use
language to do this but the point that I was making is that taken as a
symbol and investigated in respect to its properties as a symbol we are
using it as a case study into an investigation of how meaning comes about
in the mind. We are "treating" it, in analyzing its symbolic properties in
relation to the impression and the re-cognition of it as "meaning" what it
stands for.

In regards to linguistic articulation, yes baby talk, art forms, animal
calls, are all linguistic articulation. This is all language.

I am not certain how you see the conformance of language to the logical
structure of facts as being an article of faith. It seems fairly obvious
that language conforms to the logical structure of the world. I can not be
driving a truck and riding a bicycle at the same time, and if i said so,
you would immediately know that this could not be. You do not know this
because of any language rule that states this, but because of the logical
structure of our existence. This is also logical grammar.

And that you see Wittgenstien as treating a very small problem of our
existence shows that you have yet to appreciate the extent to which logic
and language encapsulate our world. As he said himself, "the limits of my
language are the limits of my world".

daniel