Hi Everyone: Here is Susan MacRae reason for
submitting Page's poem, "Planet Earth."

Cheers,
Ram

------
"I have several reasons why I submitted P.K.
      Page's poem 'Planet Earth' for Dialogue Poetry.
      First, the message of the poem -- that our
      planet must be loved -- is so vital a message
      for the 21st century. Second, the glosa form
      of the poem ( an early Renaissance form first
      developed by poets of the Spanish court), with
      its' opening quatrain written by another poet,
      followed by four ten-line stanzas, their
concluding
      lines taken consecutively from the quatrain,
      and the sixth and ninth lines rhyming with the
      borrowed tenth, is in itself a dialogue between
      two poets: the poet who wrote the quatrain,
      and the poet writing the glosa. The glosa form
      itself then reflects the theme of a dialogue of
      poetry across civilizations. And finally, PK
Page
      as a poet and painter has been my hero (as well
      as many other Canadians' hero) for the
brilliance
      of her poetry and the clarity of her vision in
      her 50 year long career. As a tribute to a
      gifted artist as well as a wonderful person,
      it is my great honour, and Canada's honour,
      to have PK Page's poem 'Planet Earth' be read
      throughout the world as a message of peace."

=====
I am closing this account.
Please send future emails to
[log in to unmask] for press