> 'It uses very hard words and is what I would call noisy writing'
What mark did you give that pupil?  He or she deserves a fewbonus points
for
that.

Kari

a question that has been worrying me - she got a D - 20/35 (this is
external exam board marking, and I cant be as whimsical as I can with my
own students - the fact is that a student who doesn't know words like
'onomatopoeia' and is afraid of long words, doesn't score very high in the
academic system.  I gave her all the credit I could for response to the
poem)

I only wish there was some way to feed back to her the appreciation from
this list, and to let her know she is a real reader!

Liz