Great parody, Martin, it made me laugh through my post-Christmas
headache -  Yes, keep on trying on Glass -  tho have you heard the
music he composed for a production of Genet's The Screens?  I really
like it, and the repetitions work uh less neurotically - I think he
wrote marvellous theatre music, which includes the operas.  But lots
of quite respectable people dislike him, including my closest musical
collaborator, a composer who knows a lot more about music than I do.

As for Tolkien - my husband can't read the books either, he gets
impatient about page 2.  But he's really hanging out for the movie
too.

Thanks for the comments on the poem, Martin and others - much appreciated.

Cheers

Alison

--

Alison Croggon