The really great thing about having children is the unashamed return
to those old pleasures - something got me at about 20, and I put away
childish things (and, I suppose, starting seeing through a glass
darkly) - and then Josh, my oldest son, read the LOTR, prompting me
to revisit it.  I'm just finishing reading it out loud to Zoe, who's
two years younger - I guess it's taken us the better part of six
months.  Some marathon!

Best

Alison

--