> No spring here, just an extremely untimely winter (the coldest
> November for 120 years).  Maybe on my part it's wishful thinking -
>
>  From Cold of Melbourne

Dear Cold of Melbourne,

Sorry to hear of the weather - and hope your flu is better. We've had
everything in the last month or so from the vilely tropical (street as sauna)
to the freezing (well, freezing for Sydney this time of year). But in between
the bees have been a buzzin', especially round the bottlebrushes which, in our
yard, finally flowered in profusion this year, and also the cherry tree, now
long past the blossoming but which since has produced a number of edible
berries (for those that don't know, cherries would not normally stand a
snowflake's chance in hell in Sydney).

Best,
Jill