On Sun, 9 Dec 2001 20:33:07 -0800, mindfight <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>the real question below:
>(would not the interesting question concerning politics be how to move
>beyond hierarchically organised party politics in a left/right spectrum?
>difficult to see how the 'common human' can feel much of a difference
>between subordination to power based elites based on whether they (claim
to)
>adhere to one or the other dogma?

Well, if you are an anarchist I imagine you keep being an anarchist.

>it all smells rigid and static, and always did for the anarchist - but with
>the contemporary architecture of global economy, advertising and the
>concentration of anarcho-capitalist ownership of global media networks
(such
>as General Electric, the world's biggest media corp.), politicians, whether
>loyal, flexible or inflexible -or to whichever degree they bend or stand
>strong, left, right, green or centre-, --todays's politicans, are better
>referred to as media circus artists in a monopoly game where the winner
>sells most vegetative transponders (viewers) to the advertising
>industry.....thus: universal rejection of government is blooming, left,
>right and green)
>**so much for keeping the dream alive**
>
>     - now to real politik:

totally in agreement, "Fight your mind",....

>--if bertinotti is inflexible, why did he not refuse to let his political
>counterpart seize control and signal a rise of fascism? who is the martyr,
>Carlo Giuliani or Bertinotti, of this summer's political arena in italia?
>
>-i mean either we play chess or we don't, or? wenn schon, denn schon...
>ideologies, may they rest in peace..
>
>~~~jmp~~~

Bertinotti did something very dangerous, with his integralism, this summer:
lots of Communists did not approve or appreciate his refusal to oppose the
rise of Berlusconi: let's say that the move could be a very disastrous one,
or maybe very successful: we shall see what happens next, in Italian
politics: how quick people will reach nausea and turn towards the left
again (these are the poeple whose votes you can never trust, but still play
a huge part in the game)..........

I also would like to know, dear "Fight-your-mind" why you so rarely take
part in discussion, why there are so many poeple who, although follow the
disputes very seldom intervene.

Thank you for intervening, dear one, though...
Erminia