I don't know if anyone mentioned the current issue of Michael Rothenberg's "Big
Bridge" (out of Pacifica, CA):
September 11, 2001
The Language of War and Peace
http://www.bigbridge.org/warpeace.html

Michael asked a number of poets for their reactions to the events of 9-11 and the
range, I believe, defies mere sentiment with comments from "words fail" to some
interesting poetry and observations. Take for instance Bill Berkson:

Gloria

A large US flag flaps loudly outside our dining room, suspended on a pole
from the topmost balcony across the way. I keep taking it for some poor
thug running through the late September night, sneakers smacking.

9/25/01

Frank Parker
http://now.at/frankshome