Here's something  D & M* from a real pro. BBC news says today:

"Poet laureate Andrew Motion has written a poem for the BBC's live coverage
of the Westminster Abbey service in memory of the British people who died
in the US attacks on 11 September. [....] His role includes marking special
state events with a poem, and previous works include the marriage of Prince
Edward to Sophie Rhys Jones and the Queen Mother's 100th birthday
celebrations."

Here it is:

                     The Voices Live, by Andrew Motion

           The voices live which are the voices lost:
           we hear them and we answer, or we try
           but words are nervous when we need them most
           and shutter, stop, or dully slide away

           so everything they mean to summon up
           is always just too far, just out of reach,
           unless our memories give time the slip
           and learn the lesson that heart-wisdoms teach

           of how in grief we find a way to keep
           the dead beside us as our time goes on -
           invisible and silent but the deep
           foundation of ourselves, our cornerstone.

* D & M: Deep and Meaningful