>--As "Being-in-the-world," in fact (the pretext for
>"self-within-society"?)--Candice

the concept of being-in-the-world, for Heidegger just merely means for the
being to live (and there for "the being" here and now, the existing before
the non existing, which is always in front of us - till the point of
the "being for one's death" -.
The being-in-the-world- is existence itself, the imamnence, but I would not
risk to say that that meant at all for nazi Heidegger the being-in-the-
society.
These beings struggle towards one think: the understanding one one's death
mhich makes life meaningful.

Of other depht is Kierkegaard's idea of existence, or Sartre 's distinction
of the being as being devided (the being in and for itself, whih brings to
Sartre's philosophy of the being, encompassing as it does human emotions
and compassion). As Heidegger, Sartre too sees Being as a fact.

But for Sartre, existence is another matter: set between the  Being-in-
itself of the  transphenomenal realm which just is, and relates to us  as
the meaningless being - and the transcendent  being-for-itself
characterized by consciousness and freedom. The being that matters to us
and that gives meaning to our existence.

Erminia