I agree with David that it's all the worse for (again) the occasion.
It's unfortunately consistent with the geographical errors on the
website where the event is being publicized: among the cities listed
as poetry-reading sites is Scotland, for instance, which made me
cringe for the sake of all those who are participating with all due
sincerity and from genuinely idealistic motives--Candice