ah comeon Mark, not that bad, & remember that it's meant for that huge
audience. But then, I know Page's work, & while she has written many better
poems, this fits. She is considered one of Canada's finer poets, & has been
since the 40s. Her best lyrics really do work. I would agree that this poem
feels more like the kind of poem a political rally like the UN thing would
want, but let's not get carried away in pissing on it...

And to david, that was the title of Neruda's poem quoted as epigraph (which
I suspect you knew...).

Douglas Barbour
Department of English
University of Alberta
Edmonton Alberta Canada T6G 2E5
(h) [780] 436 3320      (b) [780] 492 0521
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/dbhome.htm

        You may allow me moments
        not monuments, I being
        content. It is little,