I've had the book for a few weeks, but the press of work, which largely
forbids my reading anything I'm not translating, has allowed me to read
only Trem Neul (Trevor, I was witing to backchannel a comment until I'd
read the entire book). I can't speak, as the review does, if its place in
Irish poetry, I don't know enough, but I think this is important--and very
moving--work in any context. And I think that you and Douglas are both
right--there is a consistent voice, however arrived at, hovering over all
the other voices.

Congratulations on getting some attention in the big world. What someone
wrote about the quality of litcrit in the Australian press goes double for
the US. Hard to imagine the NYTimes taking on anything as interesting.

Mark