I like the poem. The only criticism could be that the language
isnt quite 'special' enough, heightened that is. But on a few
readings that idea of mine will probably vanish.

As to 'villages' it is well-known that the 'City of Bath' is
made up of numerous villages all sharing a town centre. These
'villages' are demarcated by the pub, or pubs, at the centre
of them which people walk to, or between. A lot of middle class
people in their cars dont know about this. But the locals do.

Douglas Clark, Bath, England           mailto: [log in to unmask]
Lynx: Poetry from Bath  ..........  http://www.bath.ac.uk/~exxdgdc/lynx.html