Robin:

I am only a professional insofar as that I stop when I am stumped and pay a la carte for my graphic arts man at Kinko's to go and do what I need doing.  That's how you cut down on costs and keep quality the way you want it, I believe.  It took me light years (Aldos PageMaker now Adobe) to do _Live At The EAR_.  I prefer Mac because that's where we started; Gates and Ballmer have been trying to steal in ever since.

Heck, you could just *stamp* the numbers at the bottom of the page; certain piquant authenticity with that move.

I'm trying to fix the air conditioner in my Dodge and just learned that we have an electrical switching problem.  Look at a lamp.  If it isn't the bulb and it isn't the wall switch - well, you track it down.  Gurdjieff warned us against this electricity; the man had a point.

I could say more but too many chefs spaz the pot.

Will backchannel apropos ISBN biz.

Soon,

Richard

Richard:

ELEMENOPE Productions can do this:

>>  ISBN [where DO you get these?], etc.)

However, if this is a magazine you don't employ ISBN, but instead the
ISSN.  Unless I'm wrong.

No, your're dead absolutely right.  dave's Chide needs an ISSN number;  if I
were doing the _Translations_ seriously, I'd need an ISBN number.

"
When Publisher Bircumshaw decides to do an
anthology of ALL his accomplished editions in a perfectly bound
"

i.e., they fall to bits.  Sew Penguin.

(I love Dover Thrift Editions -- at least, they're centrally sewed.)

"
volume, then an ISBN will be used.  Right?  But if you need an ISBN,
I've got one.
"

Gimme.

"

>without re-screwing-up the pagination.

If you are using _Quark_, the *industry standard*, you get
-pagination-, as much as you want in any order you want.  (Not that
my diacriticality is * I.S. *. ).
It takes some familiarity.
"

Shit, Richard, I'm doing this quick-and-nasty.  If I were doing it proper,
sure, I'd buy  Mac and a proper dtp package.  _Quark_, quck, who said quilk?
... .

"
I don't want to jump in there and claim I know as much as you.  I
don't.  I know what I know and that's about it.
"

Bullshit.  You're a professional and I'm an amateur.

"
Obviously, you'll make it.
"

[Severe] doubts