>Andy - ma-a-ate - waddya feed your roos? I just have to throw a prawn
>(sorry, shrimp) on the barbie and they all decide they want one. Even
>Skippy.
>
>Catch ya later. Ooroo,
>Jonesy

apropos, gotta tell youse all a little story about what happened recently.
andrew taylor, glen phillips and i were accompanying 3 kenyon students on a
bit of a short trek with a geologist. the bus driver was another glen - a
dinkum aussie in workboots, explorer socks (100% wool), khaki shirt &
shorts. anyway, the geologist had us entranced with talk of layers of rock,
special earth & soils, etcetera, then took us on a walk to find an old
aboriginal tool-making site. we found it and explored, and oohed and
aaaaahed. deep in communal thought we wandered back to the bus. along the
way, driver glen quietly passed out some findings to the 3 'merican
students, and advised them it was a rare mineral from the area, called
'rooite' ...

roo shite would've been more accurate: small compressed balls of processed
tucker.

he was a legpuller, that glen.

andrew

Andrew Burke                 Copywriting
[log in to unmask]     Creative Writing
http://www.bam.com.au/andrew/    Editing