I'm always interested in talking about ovaries and testicles.

I don't think you address my criticism beyond characterizing it as
"excited" and xenophobically anti-French, but that may be a language
problem. I was addressing the problems of methodology of what appeared to
be a scientific study, and it never occurred to me that the French had any
kind of monopoly on badly-conceived science. If I understand you correctly
you no longer hold with Mauron's methodology or conclusions, so I'd guess
we're in agreement about that at least.

Creativity, as I understand it, pervades all of human life. It's the engine
of non-biological adaptation: if I'm cold and a lightning-caused fire warms
me I seek fires. I invent a way to carry fire with me. I invent a way to
make fire happen less randomly than waiting for a celestial event. And
others see what I do and adopt and improve upon my methods. One presumes
that non-neurotics also sought heat.

The creativity that's involved in making poems may serve many different
purposes, but I think we can assume that the needs being met are not the
property of neurotics exclusively.

Mark