*Apologies for cross posting*

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

PARIP
Practice as Research in Performance Symposium
10-11 November 2001
Department of Drama: Theatre, Film, Television
University of Bristol

PARIP (Practice as Research in Performance) is a five-year AHRB-funded
project led by Professor Baz Kershaw and the Department of Drama: Theatre,
Film, Television at the University of Bristol.

PARIPıs objectives are to investigate creative­academic issues raised by
practice as research, where performance is understood in terms of theatre,
dance, film, video and television. As a result of PARIPıs investigations and
in collaboration with colleagues, educational institutions and professional
bodies throughout the UK and Europe PARIP aims to develop a national
framework for the encouragement of the highest standards in representing
practical­creative research within academic contexts.

The first PARIP symposium is scheduled for the weekend of 10-11 November
2001. We have 60 places available for participants who wish to meet with
other practitioner­researchers to discuss and present practice as research.
We therefore invite you to send us short proposals (maximum 2 sides of A4 ‹
images/texts or equivalent) to indicate your level of participation.
Although we welcome proposals for traditional papers, we are particularly
interested in contributions that seek to present practice as research in
challenging ways.

With a view to presenting ideas/results of PARIPıs first year and to
facilitate the networking of those involved in practice as research the
symposium will take place in the Wickham Theatre here in the Department of
Drama, Theatre, Film, Television, University of Bristol.

Please send your proposals by 3 September to:

Dr Angela Piccini
PARIP
Cantocks Close
Woodland Road