Could we have a survivor population - do those suffering occupational
nut allergy get out quick before telling anyone? After all, there are
plenty of examples where occupational allergy to biological material
(tea, coffee, spices, hemp and cotton, grain, salmon and shellfish
protein, tulip, freesia, crysanthemun etc.) has been found/claimed, but
often only with careful surveying after identifying an index case. Is
there any occasion where a survey was conducted to identify a possible
allergen in the absence of an occupationally caused index case? Would
this be the example with which to demonstrate the appropriateness of
such an approach?

Paul Illing
Occupational Health Toxicologist

In message <[log in to unmask]
uk>, Jeremy Smith <[log in to unmask]> writes
>If they had an allergy and were working with nuts would they not react if
>they inhaled 'nut dust'?  In the same way that Latex IEg is carried  and
>inhaled in corn starch powder?
>
>Jeremy R F Smith
>RGN AIIRSM BSc Hons (OHN)
>Occupational Health Advisor - Dover Harbour Board

Paul Illing