Dear colleagues, the ageist approach won't work for too much longer will it
- might need to start rethinking a more approriate criteria once the age
legislation kicks in!! Same for LGV drivers etc....
I believe that annually screening night workers is crazy - what are the
specific risks and what are we looking for? I reckon seeing them
pre-placement and give them criteria of what we need/want to know about, how
they get hold of an OH advisor etc etc. Remember the employee has
responsibilities for H&S not just employers. Also I believe the process
needs to be managed by HR or managers and not the OH professional. Where I
work we operate a system which works very well and positive responses result
in a referral otherwise it is a paper screen. Jane