I think we are all in a bit of a vortex.

Spiraling towards an unknown destination which may or may not have
"new-media" on the menu.

Still there is obviously some desire to define the words/ their use /
context under which they function (don't function)

I am curious though about this desire to define.
This flurry of dynamic, multidisciplinary, multi-tooled activity that we
talk around, is much more interesting than the descriptors that commodify
or embrace it.
These medias, as we have seen repeating through history, are the
popularised, accessible, un-institutional tools that eventually inform the
institutions. At which point the terms new-media (and the like) are coined
for marketting, describing, controlling purposes.

Unytil then why don't we try letting anyone invent the terminology rather
than look for a consunsus on it. Perhaps that is actually a creative way
of doing it???

bon voyage

Andy K