This mouse sounds like great fun. I did some work 1997 at c3 mapping mouse
movements (Anonymous Drawing Room) - the users navigation of a site on one
machine was translated by a program running on a second machine into simple
line drawings, which printed a 5 minute intervals and cleared the screen.
The users were in a sense 'blind drawing' as the two machines were in
adjacent spaces. I was trying to highlight the cerebral nature of human
computer interaction and the dislocation from the body...I like this haptic
mouse idea and it's also much simpler (moving over parts of the computer
interface) than the high end haptic stylus' I've seen and tried for 3D
modelling etc.

There's a research project happening at Edinburgh College of art at the
moment called tacitus where they're trying to develop more responsive haptic
modelling tools than are currently available - it's high end kit though and
wouldn't just cost $40!

Bev