When is a book a work of art? We don't have too much problem, usually,
distinguishing an "article" in Parkett, say, from a "project." The
SFMOMA site has multiple functions--cataloging, communicating,
commissioning--(which, as Sarah C. pointed out, was also true for
Let's Entertain/Art Entertainment Network/EAT). It is, of course,
possible to critique the success of the sites, but surely it's not
that useful to conflate them?? To try and present the gallery-based
works as anything more than documentation is useless. SFMOMA should
not try to do so, and I don't think it did.

How many museums judge the success of their publications based on the
number of people who subsequently visit the museum?

[snip]