Hi,
Sorry for the late response to this thread. Been busy...
Visiting the page (www.newmedia.sunderland.ac.uk/crumb/maup/maup.html)
Sarah has put up on the crumb site, I was disappointed to see digital
images that scarcely give any idea of what the exhibitions looked like. I
think that if we are to discuss questions such as the minimal analytical
unit problem, we might first want to agree on minimum standards of visual
documentation of an exhibition.
I think that  QuickTime VR technology (both to record exhibition space and
exhibited objects) would be a feasible and more informative way of showing
things. It is a very simple technique, easy to learn and only requires the
software, a low-res digital camera and a tripod.
Chau,
Ittai Bar-Joseph
Jerusalem