Hello!

My name is Matt Gorbet.  I'm based in San Francisco, a creative technologist
and technology art fan.  My background includes time as a researcher at the
MIT Media Lab, Interval Research, Xerox PARC, and current involvement in the
Bay Area technology art scene.

On the subject of museum as place to present digital artwork, I wanted to
point people to a very short, but thought-provoking set of slides used by
Rich Gold in 1994 to introduce a panel called "Artists who use Multimedia"
at ACM Multimedia 1994.

http://www.parc.xerox.com/red/members/richgold/INTERACTIVE/HTML/slide1.html

Though almost seven years old, the thoughts he expresses in these slides
seem highly relevant to the current "big media art in big institutions"
theme.

I particularly like slide #3, and slide #7 is very relevant to reiner's last
posting about exhibition context.

<M>

Matt Gorbet
www.mgorbet.com