Dear List members,

A big thanks to all debaters so far, I've been enjoying it and think
we're doing well. At this stage I thought some further user tips may
be digestible:

1. Don't worry - lots of people make mistakes on Lists. We'd rather
have participation than prissyness!

2. If you go to this web page you can see archives of all messages,
arranged by month.
<http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/new-media-curating.html>
You can join, leave reply to messages etc. on this page. You can also
view messages  by author, by date, or by topic/thread. To do the
latter, click the light bulb icon.

3. Keeping to a topic or thread can really help people in following
the debate. If you want your reply to  refer to a particular topic,
then make sure you keep exactly the same words in the 'Subject' field
of your email (for example, to keep in the "Gripping Topic" thread,
then keep "Gripping Topic" in the subject heading of your email. "RE:
Gripping Topic" is also OK.

4. Anything that you email to [log in to unmask]  will
be sent to all 150 list members. Which is fine if that's what you
wanted to do. So, watch out when using your 'reply-to' buttons. List
messages  will arrive with the sender's personal name on them, but if
you 'reply-to' then you may be sending to the whole list not one
person - check what's in your email headers!

5. So, please DON'T email anything to the above address which is a
technical help query, or if you want to join or leave the list.
Details on how to do these things were in your welcome message, are
on the web page above, and also available to download from the web
page from the section called "Files associated with this list" (get
the file called "about.rtf").

6. In the interests of those with slow connections:
   a) Please don't 'attach' any documents to your messages.
   b) If quoting from previous messages, keep the important bits and
delete the rest.
   c) Please don't use the list simply to promote your latest show!
Other Lists are better for that anyway. We'd prefer debate about the
curatorial issues of shows, constructive criticism and tasty gossip.

7. Everybody be nice!   Flaming is boring.

yours,

Beryl

Curatorial Resource for Upstart Media Bliss
http://www.newmedia.sunderland.ac.uk/crumb/

Co-Editors: Telephone: +44  191 515 2896
Beryl Graham: [log in to unmask]
Sarah Cook: [log in to unmask]