thom,

likewise, extending my thanks to sarah and beryl for a very substantial list.

back to your sound art research. here are some of the contacts which may be
of some future use for you:

1) Rasa Smite <[log in to unmask]>, http://www.re-lab.net/
rasa is a very close friend who may advise you on who is who in the
net.sound art world. just drop her a note with my name.

2) do check out the recent show organised by/at P.S.1, NYC, called BED OF
SOUND, they may have some bits web-archived. sorry no useful contact
person, there.  http://www.ps1.org/cut/main.html

3) Colin Fallows <[log in to unmask]>, a sound-maker himself & producer
of the CD series of mini-works of which HOPE, TRACE, etc - has an extensive
network of contacts. again, just drop him a note mentioning my name.

4) Laura McGough <[log in to unmask]>, net.soundart curator & founder of
www.nomadnet.org, running a bimonthly series of soundart journal, called
AUDIOPHILE. another good friend whom you can ask for advice, etc.

good luck,
-iliyana

 >Hi,
>
>Thanks for such an engaging list.
>
>I am working on a project -- a 2-day conference with, we hope, an exhibit
>here at the art museum-- on sound art and artists. The heart of the
>project would involve talks by as many as 10 critics about various aspects
>of sound art --histories, case studies, close readings/listenings, and so
>on-- as well as 12-15 pieces (installations, web sites, CDs...)
>I could use your help with ideas for critics/pieces/artists to feature.
>All thoughts appreciated, either to the list or to me at
>Thanks.
>
>Thom Swiss
>Center for the Humanities Professor
>Drake University

Iliyana Nedkova
Associate Curator

Foundation for Art & Creative Technology (FACT)
Bluecoat Chambers, School Lane, Liverpool L1 3BX, England

http://www.fact.co.uk           http://www.crossingover.org

t. 44 (0) 151 709 2663          f. 44 (0) 151 707 2150
m. 44 (0) 772 006 1349          e. <[log in to unmask]>