Hello,

I am carrying out an investigation, commissioned by a UK funding body, into the
use of gaming consoles in learning and research scenarios, especially in the
education sector. By gaming consoles I refer to both monitor or TV based
systems such as the (Sega) Dreamcast and (Sony) Playstation2, and mobile
gaming-oriented devices such as the (Nintendo) Game Boy Advance.

The scope of the investigation includes:
- the use of the online facilities of current generation gaming consoles in
order to access network (and Internet) based services and materials
- the use of consoles as learning-oriented communication devices
- the use of consoles to exchange research or teaching information and materials

If your educational institution, unit, department or course is carrying out one
of the above, or is planning/thinking about doing so, then I would be very
interested in hearing about it.

Sincerely,
John Kirriemuir, Ceangal
http://www.ceangal.com/