Dear Colleagues

We recently sent out a message to users of the Chemical Database Service
(CDS) reminding them of our current evaluation trial of the DETHERM database
system for thermophysical properties.

DETHERM represents a move into a new area of data for the CDS, and many who
find it of particular use may not be current registered CDS users. We
anticipate interest from a wide ranging community including physical and
theoretical chemists. Please could you check out the information available,
and if appropriate inform any colleagues who might also be interested.

The CDS is funded by the EPSRC and is freely available to all members of
the UK academic community. Apologies to those outside this community and
others who may not find this message of direct relevance.

Regards

Bob McMeeking
Thermophysical Database Trial

In September we started a 3 months user evaluation on the DETHERM database.
DETHERM is produced by DECHEMA e.V. and is one of the world's largest
thermophysical property databases of pure compounds and compound mixtures.

The current evaluation trial of the DETHERM package is scheduled for
completion on the 25th December. If you have not yet checked out the DETHERM
system on the CDS we suggest you do so shortly.

You can get further details about DETHERM and the CDS evaluation trial if
you go to the web address:

                http://cds.dl.ac.uk/cds/detherm.html

We would also be grateful if you could inform any of your colleagues who
might have a particular interest in DETHERM but are not currently registered
CDS users.

If the trial is successful and indicates sufficient demand we hope to make
DETHERM a permanent component of the CDS. As part of the evaluation process
we be conducting an online user survey at the end of the evaluation trial.

If you have any queries contact [log in to unmask] or phone 01925 603162.

Dr R.F. McMeeking
EPSRC National Chemical Database Service
CCLRC
Daresbury Laboratory
Warrington
WA4 4AD

Tel: +44 (0)1925 603669 (general CDS queries +44 (0)1925 603162)
Fax: +44 (0)1925 603100
E-mail [log in to unmask]
http://cds.dl.ac.uk/cds