  Postdoctoral Position with Dr. Evelyn Goldfield
  Department of Chemistry
  Wayne State University
  Detroit, MI 48202
  http://wavepacket.chem.wayne.edu/~evi

A postdoctoral position in theoretical quantum chemical dynamics is
available immediately at Wayne State University in my research group. The
work involves the application of theoretical quantum dynamics to four atom
and polyatomic chemical systems. The research involves an interesting mix
of algorithm development, code development and application to complex
and important chemical reactions. A recent extension of our research is
the study of the behavior of atoms and molecules in confined environments,
in particular in nanotubes. A major emphasis is on developing efficient
algorithms for large scale parallel computers. Our research group has
access to excellent computational resources, both here at Wayne State and
at other high performance computing sites.  A list of recent publications
can be found on my website:
http://wavepacket.chem.wayne.edu/~evi/pub/pub.html

The Chemistry department at WSU has a strong, highly collaborative and
prominent contingent of theoretical/computational chemists. Information
about the chemistry department can be found at http://www.chem.wayne.edu.

This is a one year appointment with a possible renewal for a second year.
Applications must have a Ph.D. in chemistry, physics or a related field.
Some background in computer science is highly welcome. Experience with
some aspect of chemical reaction dynamics and a strong background in
scientific computing are highly desirable. This position requires the
ability to develop, test and work with moderately large and quite complex
computer programs.

Interested candidates should send a CV, a publication list and three
letters of recommendation to Evelyn Goldfield, Dept. of Chemistry, Wayne
State University, Detroit, MI 48202, USA.  It is fine to contact me
directly by sending email to [log in to unmask] or phone me at
313-577-2580. My fax number is 313-577-2554.  Further information about
Wayne State University can be found on the world wide web at
http://www.wayne.edu/

WSU is an EO/AA educator and employer. Women and minorities are
encouraged to apply.