Postdoctoral Fellowship Openings at the US Army Research Lab

Eligible candidates must be US citizens.

The Theoretical Chemistry/Propulsion Chemistry Team at the US Army Research
Laboratory (ARL) has immediate postdoctoral openings in solid state
theoretical physics/theoretical chemistry in several application areas of
materials research.  These include (in order of preference) modeling (1)
surface and interfacial properties of metals and bimetals, particularly
catalysis (emphasizing molecular dynamics) of organic reactions on metal
surfaces using both planewave and atomic orbital based quantum mechanical
methods, and (2)  bulk properties for solid state materials with particular
emphasis on ceramics utilizing quantum mechanical and classical mechanical
methods.    The postdoctoral program at ARL is coordinated through the
National Research Council (NRC), with our current stipend set at $59K/yr.
Some additional funds are provided for relocation, and travel to scientific
conferences during the fellowship.  Extensive computer resources are
available through the ARL Major Shared Resource (High Performance
Computing) Center (MSRC), as well as at other DOD MSRCs and computational
resources within our group.  Our research efforts are closely aligned with
experimental work conducted by Materials Research Scientists at the ARL.

For more information contact:
Dr. Cary F. Chabalowski
US Army Research Laboratory
AMSRL-WM-BD
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005-5066
EMAIL- [log in to unmask]
PHONE- (410) 306-0947

For general information on the NRC postdoctoral program visit
http:/national-academies.org/rap.