To All Members
From
John Hewitt

Thanks for the replies.

But I do not agree that North Staffordshire Collieries has, all but in name been done, although I am familiar with certain excellent web sites that have been recommended that have information on this area.

To date I have over 700 pits of various sizes listed and identified, and hundreds more to identify. It is estimated that there may be 2000 or more shafts in the Stoke on Trent, North Staffordshire area!!

So fare I have 660 megabytes on the database, this includes Hundreds of photographs in digital format, (and 100 or more to do), documents, I have only just started but in this area I do need more information.

DISCUSS
John Hewitt
Stoke on Trent