Hi,

I am new to the list.

I am looking for all and any information about the firm "The Linares Lead Mining Comp." created in 1849 by a london firm (I am also interested in this firm). I have also found it named as Mining Comp. Limited. This company was in charge of a mine called Pozo Ancho in Linares, Spain where they installed the first machines to pump out the water.

The reason why I am interested is (again) that one of the directors of this mine was my ancestor Duncan Shaw, and I am writing a book about him.

I have being contacting most universities in order to know where could he have obtained his title of Civil and Mining Engineer without success till now.

Any help about where or how to obtain information on those subjects would be welcome.
Thanks in advance

Arturo Shaw