>.As well as a waste-to-energy plant they plan to take power station waste and
> deposit it in the shallow workings, using similar technology to that which
> was used on some of the Bath stone mines.

> Tony Brooks

So far as I know the unimaginative (not to say crude) plan to simply stuff the Bath stone mines under Combe Down full of PFA and cement is still on hold. Hopefully the company which the local authority took on last November to run the project to stabilise the mines has the vision to consider the range of proposed solutions for varying underground conditions which are more elegant and sympathetic to i.a., the environment, Bath's heritage, education, bats etc.

regards

James