Robert White, the archaeological conservator of the Yorkshire Dales National Park, has asked me the following - can anyone on the list help please?

I've managed to get a little EC money to go on a study trip to Slovakia - do you have/know of any contacts there which might be useful? I briefly went to the open air mining museum at Banska Stiavnica 8 years ago - including an underground trip with a Slovakian speaking guide. I think some of the remains have had quite a lot of investment since then and hopefully there will be more multi-lingual (other than Russian) literature available.

Mike Gill