Dear All

I am researching some Mining Share Certificates I have in my collection.

One I have drawn a blank with is "Fron Vellan Lead Mining Co Ltd", it is dated 30th July 1870.

The only link I have found is in The Mines of Shropshire and Montgomeryshire - R Burt, P Waite and R Burnley. There is a reference to Fronvellan Mine, Machynlleth producing 6 tons of ore in 1874, but no detail on the location or any information on the company, other than the Chief Agent being Edw Harper. His name does not appear on the share certificate.

I would be grateful if anyone on the list could provide any information on this company or any mine(s) they worked.

Regards

Graham Levins