Thank you very much, John, for your interest and photos. Of course they are
very useful.
Yesterday I had the opportunity to read a book on the Linares mines and it
is full of references and citations about my gggfather Duncan Shaw. It seems
that he was working for "John Taylor and sons" (I have no information on
them) in a silver mine in Sevilla when he was sent to Linares. He found very
interesting the abandoned mines in "Pozo Ancho" and convince the Taylors to
create "The Linares Mining and Smelting Company". He then ask a British
expert to build the main buildings we can see in your photos while all the
Cornish machines where coming from England in two ships.

This is the book (in Spanish): "Las minas de Linares, apuntes históricos"
1999 by Francisco Gutierrez Guzmán. ISBN 84-930339-1-X

I would like to know if Ken Brown is a member of this list or if any of you
know his e-mail address because he is the author of an article I've read
named "Curtain up on Cornish engine houses in Spain" and I would like to
share information with him.

As you see all this is becoming increasingly interesting.

Best whishes

Arturo Shaw