Dear all,

I am interested in finding out how various institutions assess their
staffing levels per shift (or staff patient ratios) for a postnatal ward.
Is a particular dependency system or workload methodology used?  And in
particular are well babies counted as one unit with the mother?

There doesn't seem to be much literature on the topic that I have been able
to find - if anyone knows of any I would welcome the references.

Many thanks in advance for any help
Kind regards
Carmel Collins

Carmel Collins, Research Nurse/Midwife
Dept Nursing & Midwifery Research & Practice Development
Women's & Children's Hospital
72 King William Road, North Adelaide  SA  5006.  Australia
 08 8161 6434  Fax:  08 8161 7704
email:  [log in to unmask]