I am very sorry to have to tell you of the death of Lynda Hart, Professor
of English, University of Pennsylvania. Lynda died of breast cancer on New
Year's Eve. There will be a memorial service on January 20th in New York.
This is terribly sad news; Lynda will be much missed for her brilliance,
wit, and determination. Her work in Cultural Studies has considerable
intellectual force and integrity, and her early death is a loss to the
field. I would be grateful if you could pass this message on to fellow
friends and colleagues.
Best wishes,
Dr. Sally R. Munt
Reader in Media and Communication Studies
School of Information Management,
University of Brighton
Watts Building,
Lewes Road