Dear All,

Today (19 November 2001) mda announced the
appointment of Alex Dawson to the new post of
Assistant Director (Advice).  In her new role Alex will
manage the delivery of quality assured advice and
training based on proven sector standards.
Commenting on her appointment Alex said: "I very much
look forward to taking up my new post. New
technologies offer many new possibilities for the delivery
 of advice and training and my challenge will be to
ensure  that mda takes advantage of these whilst
continuing to  be responsive to the changing needs of
the sector."

Director Louise Smith commented, “mda is extremely
fortunate in being able to benefit from Alex’s extensive
and varied experience within the sector.  With this
appointment we are signalling our readiness to meet the
 challenges recognised by the Regional Museums Task
Force in its report Renaissance in the Regions by
emphasising our role as a quality assured one-stop-
shop for national advice and standards.”

For further information contact Frances Bycroft,
Communications manager, [log in to unmask]

Sande Nuttall
Development Officer
mda
Jupiter House