**This message is being sent to a number of professional discussion lists to
encourage a wide response across all domains in the cultural heritage
sector.  We apologise for cross-posting.**

Full Disclosure Prioritisation Study - your chance to contribute

The Full Disclosure Implementation Group (FDIG), has commissioned a study to
assess priorities for the retrospective conversion of catalogue and
documentation data and the retrospective cataloguing or documentation of
non-current acquisitions in libraries, archives and museums in the UK. FDIG
is supported by the British Library Co-operation and Partnership Programme,
CURL, LINC, Re:source and RSLP. The study is being undertaken by the
Cultural
Heritage Consortium (CHC) on behalf of FDIG.

We are commencing this Prioritisation Study with a wide-ranging process of
consultation.  This includes face-to-face meetings and interviews and
the circulation of a consultation paper among practitioners and professional
groups.

The Consortium's consultation paper and invitation to respond are available
as Word97 documents from our website at http://www.cultural-heritage.org.
They are also available as pdf files on the British Library site at
http://www.bl.uk/concord/fulldisc-prior.html

We would welcome your comments on the issues and approaches raised in the
paper.  Please send your responses to:

Meg Goodman
Cultural Heritage Consortium
Education for Change
Bow House
153-159 Bow Road
London
E3 2SE

fax: 0208 980 8183
email: [log in to unmask]

For further information about the consultation exercise or the study in
general please contact Meg at the address above.